This week I decided to craft my own visualization of my blog data and finally put it on GitHub. While not as fancy as the insights that Wordpress offers, the beginner project boosted my confidence and ability to delve into deeper and more complex projects.
I got the data directly from my Wordpress dashboard in CSV format.
I will add here that owing to a glitch, the file did not read correctly. So, I created a copy of an existing cvs, and simply replaced its contents with the one I needed. I will be investigating into why the error occurred soon.
In this mini- project, I have only coded to read the data file, and plot bar charts and histograms directly. As the data is only in two columns, it was easy. The data is read from CSV files into a Panda Data Frame with matplotlib library to plot different plots. The code is written in a Python Jupyter notebook using Anaconda.
This project is very simple. But as a first step, it has given me an assurance in my abilities to execute a data project from start to end and keep it clean, shareable and reproducible. Adding it on GitHub was quite exhilarating for me.
My plan is to expand this project with more data. Specific insights that I want to elicit are engagement, and keyword performance. I hope to club Analytics and SEO to improve my blog and readership.